1) Click on New File.
Leave the public_html path as it is because we always need to upload files in this folder. You will learn how to upload files in subfolders a little later.
2) Type the file name here.
3) Then click Create New File. Your file has been created successfully.
4) Let’s create a new folder now. Click on New Folder.
5) Type the folder name here.
6) Click Create New Folder to continue.
7) Please type the path where you want to create this new folder.In this case, we will keep it as it is.
Your folder was created successfully. You can also see it in the left margin.
8) Now let’s create a file in a subfolder. Click on New File again.
9) Type the filename.
10) Now keep the existing path as it is, in this case, it’s “public_html”. After that, add “/” and then type the folder name in which you want to create this new file.
11) Now again click on Create New file.
12) You will not be redirected to the folder after you create the file, so we need to go there to check. Double click the “test” folder to check it.
Congratulations, the file has been created successfully in the “test” subfolder.
If you need to put a file on the server, there are several ways you can move it. Your cPanel account provides a way to upload the file using the cPanel file manager. Please follow these directions in order to upload the file using the File Manager in cPanel (Paper Lantern theme):
1. Login to the cPanel
2. In Files, click on File Manager
3. Navigate to the folder where you want to place the file
4. Click on Upload
5. You will see the Upload Screen. Click on Select File to select the file that you wish to upload.
6. Click on Open file and the upload will immediately start.
7. You will see a green progress bar that will end at 100% when the upload is complete. Click on the link at the bottom of the page to return to the cPanel.
InMotion Hosting was founded in 2001 and provides personal and business web hosting for everyone! For more information about InMotion Hosting and the services we provide see here: